- Size: Customer provides any trash bags, 30 gal. or smaller
- Collection Frequency: Use bag tags only as you need them with your own trash bags; one tag per bag
- Great for homes with very little trash
- Easily purchase bag tags in bundles of 10 and have them mailed to your home
Check availability and set up bag tag service.
- Bags are for disposal of household waste only.
- Bags must be accessible from the street; snow, automobiles and other obstacles must be cleared.
- Bags must be placed at the curb by the earliest time specified for your area (6 a.m., 7 a.m. or the night before). Find out here.
- Bag loose materials like kitty litter, animal waste, sawdust, ashes, insulation and packing peanuts.
- DO NOT leave bags at the curb for longer than 24 hours.
- Bags with sod, dirt, wood, construction debris, etc.
Unacceptable materials for disposal:
- Beverage containers
- Fluorescent lightbulbs and tubes
- Hazardous waste
- Lead acid batteries
- Liquid waste
- Medical waste
- Motor vehicle tires
- Oil (cooking, motor, etc.)
- Radioactive waste
- Yard clippings
Need to dispose any of these items? Please click here to view the detailed waste acceptance guidelines.
- Bag Tags
- Trash Service Information
- 1. What is a bag tag?
A Granger bag tag is an orange adhesive tag that you use for prepaid trash service.
- 2. How does the bag tag program work?
- You order a set of bag tags from Granger. Usually these are purchased in packs of 10 tags.
- We mail them to your home.
- You purchase and use your own trash bags (30-gallon size or smaller).
- When you have a full bag, you put one tag on the bag and put it out on your service day.
- When you're out of bag tags, order more from us online.
That’s it. It’s really that simple.
- 3. What are the charges for bag tag service?
There’s a small charge per tag which varies by area. There is no monthly or quarterly fee in addition to the per tag charge.
- 4. If I’m using bag tags, do I have to call every time I have trash? If not, how does my garbage man or woman know to collect it?
When you purchase your first set of bag tags, we add you to one of our service routes. That means we’ll drive by your house every week on your service day. If we see a bag, we’ll stop. If there’s no bag, we’ll keep going. That makes it easier for you because you don’t have to check in with us or let us know ahead of time that you’ll have trash.
- 5. Can I use any trash bag with my bag tag?
You can use any trash bag that’s a 30-gallon size or smaller.
- 6. Is there a limit to how many bags I can set out each week?
Well, if you’re using bag tag service because you don’t have much trash, you shouldn’t have that many. But if you have an unusual situation (big party, move, spring cleaning) that means you generate a lot of trash, you are covered. You can put as many bags as you want out as long as (this is important) each bag has its own tag.
- 7. Can I use bag tags for blue bag recycling?
If you live in an area where blue bag recycling is available, you can use bag tags for your recycling as well. Just make sure you’re using the appropriate blue bags so we can tell what’s trash and what’s recycling. To find out more about blue bag recycling, click here.
- 8. Can anyone use bag tags?
Bag tags can be used in much of our service territory, but there are some areas and contract communities where bag tags are not available. To find out if bag tags are available in your area, fill out the request service form.
- 9. Can I get a refund for purchased bag tags?
Unfortunately, we cannot offer refunds on bag tags.
- 1. How can I dispose of a large item like a couch or television?
We are happy to dispose of large items for you. Charges vary based on the type of item. To schedule a bulk item collection, fill out the online bulk item pickup form.
You can also haul the item yourself to one of the Granger Disposal Centers. For locations, hours and pricing, visit our Disposal Center page.
Please note that bulk pick up is not available in all areas.
- 2. Does Granger offer large container rentals?
Containers are available in different sizes to meet the needs of your remodeling or cleanup project. Pricing varies depending on container size, your location and the number of days needed. All containers must be prepaid prior to delivery. More information about container rental can be found here.
- 3. Do I need to bag my trash?
We prefer that you bag all your trash, even if it is going in your cart. This helps keep it contained as it is being dumped in the truck. All pet waste should be double bagged.
- 4. Is there a weight limit on my trash?
To prevent injuries and damage to our equipment, all bags should weigh no more than 30 pounds and all carts should weigh no more than 200 pounds.
- 5. Can I use my own container for trash pickup?
Please use a Granger cart or just a bag if you don’t have a Granger cart. Our carts are commercial-grade containers that are made to put up with the wear and tear of being serviced every week. Personal containers are not as durable. If you do use your own container, we cannot be responsible for damage to it.
- 6. Can I dispose of needles and other sharps materials in my trash?
Curbside trash collection is not the preferred method for disposing of sharps, but we do accept them as long as they are packaged appropriately. For packaging instructions and other methods of disposal, read our blog post.