Regular Curby Cart Service
- Cart Capacity: 4-5 large trash bags
- Cart Size: Approximately 43.5″ high (including lid), 29.2″ wide, 33.3″ deep*
- Collection Frequency: Once a week
- Up to 3 extra bags allowed next to cart per week
*Cart dimensions vary by cart style, but capacity is the same
Check availability and get a quote for your service address.
- Curby carts and bags are for disposal of household waste only.
- Curby carts and bags must be accessible from the street; snow, automobiles and other obstacles must be cleared.
- Curby carts and bags must be placed at the curb by the earliest time specified for your area (6 a.m., 7 a.m., night before). Find out here.
- DO NOT load Curby carts over 200 lbs.
- Bag loose materials like kitty litter, animal waste, sawdust, ashes, insulation and packing peanuts.
- Place long items (broom handles, curtain rods, etc.) on the ground beside your Curby cart.
- Close the lid of your Curby cart, if possible.
- DO NOT leave Curby carts and bags at the curb for longer than 24 hours.
- DO NOT fill Curby carts and bags with sod, dirt, wood, construction debris, etc.
Unacceptable materials for disposal:
- Beverage containers with a deposit
- Fluorescent lightbulbs and tubes
- Hazardous waste
- Lead acid batteries
- Liquid waste
- Medical waste
- Oil (cooking, motor, etc.)
- Radioactive waste
- Whole motor vehicle tires
- Yard clippings
Need to dispose any of these items? Please click here to view detailed waste acceptance guidelines.
Following these instructions will help ensure your cart is emptied completely and the lid closes after dumping.
- Carts should be placed within 3 feet of the street.
- Carts should face forward.
- Wheels and handles should be placed away from the street.
- Cart should have a minimum of 2 feet of clearance on both sides. Please do not place any closer than 2 feet to poles, mailboxes or recycling containers.
- Cart should be unobstructed (no vehicles parked in front of the cart).
- Collection Day Information
- Trash Service Information
- 1. How do I find out my collection time?
At Granger, you have a collection day, not a collection time. Your pickup time may be influenced by many factors, such as weather, staffing and equipment, and cannot be guaranteed. To ensure your trash, recycling and yard waste will be picked up, please have your items out by the time listed for your area (either 6 a.m., 7 a.m. or the night before). You can determine this time on our guidelines page.
- 2. Does it matter how and where I set my cart out on collection day?
- 1. How can I dispose of a large item like a couch or television?
We are happy to dispose of large items for you. Charges vary based on the type of item. To schedule a bulk item collection, fill out the online bulk item pickup form.
You can also haul the item yourself to one of the Granger Disposal Centers. For locations, hours and pricing, visit our Disposal Center page.
Please note that bulk pick up is not available in all areas.
- 2. Does Granger offer large container rentals?
Containers are available in different sizes to meet the needs of your remodeling or cleanup project. Pricing varies depending on container size, your location and the number of days needed. All containers must be prepaid prior to delivery. More information about container rental can be found here.
- 3. Do I need to bag my trash?
We prefer that you bag all your trash, even if it is going in your cart. This helps keep it contained as it is being dumped in the truck. All pet waste should be double bagged.
- 4. Is there a weight limit on my trash?
To prevent injuries and damage to our equipment, all bags should weigh no more than 30 pounds and all carts should weigh no more than 200 pounds.
- 5. Can I use my own container for trash pickup?
Please use a Granger cart or just a bag if you don’t have a Granger cart. Our carts are commercial-grade containers that are made to put up with the wear and tear of being serviced every week. Personal containers are not as durable. If you do use your own container, we cannot be responsible for damage to it.
- 6. Can I dispose of needles and other sharps materials in my trash?
Curbside trash collection is not the preferred method for disposing of sharps, but we do accept them as long as they are packaged appropriately. For packaging instructions and other methods of disposal, read our blog post.