Residential Collection Guidelines
General Collection Guidelines
- When putting your cart out, use our cart placement guidelines.
- Carts and bags must be accessible from the street for collection; snow, automobiles and other obstacles may impair our ability to collect.
- DO NOT load carts over 200 lbs.
- Whenever possible, close the lid of your cart when placing it at the street.
- DO NOT leave carts or bags at the curb for longer than 24 hours.
- Please note, putting out additional bags not included with your service may cause you to incur extra charges.
- Remember, you have a collection day, not a collection time. (Find out why here.) To ensure collection, please place your trash, recycling or yard waste at the street the night before your collection day.
- Guidelines may vary for those in municipal, mobile home park or association contracts. Contact us for guidelines if you have service through a contract community.
Trash Collection Guidelines
- Curby carts and bags are for disposal of household waste only. Please review our waste acceptance guidelines.
- Please bag all trash, especially loose materials like sawdust, ashes, insulation and packing peanuts, even if using a cart. Please double bag any cat litter or other animal waste.
- Please do not use trash bags larger than 30 gallons. Bags should weigh 30 lbs. or less.
- DO NOT fill Curby carts and bags with sod, dirt, wood, construction debris, etc.
Recycling Collection Guidelines
- Recyclables do not need to be sorted.
- Do not bag recyclables (unless you are using the Blue Bag Recycling Program). Put them loose in your Curby Recycler recycling cart.
- Follow the specific recycling guidelines for your area. Items that are not accepted may be left.
Yard Waste Collection Guidelines
- Yard waste will only be collected in yard waste carts or paper yard waste bags. We will not collect yard waste in personal containers.
- Yard waste bags should weigh no more than 30 lbs.
- Twigs and branches may be bundled, but length and circumference limits apply. See More About Yard Waste for details.