AMY’S IS NOW GRANGER WASTE SERVICES
Granger Waste Services is proud to welcome Amy’s customers.
We’re excited to begin providing service to you. To help make the transition smooth, we have a few things to share with you.
Explore the information below to learn more about your new service.
Your collection day may have changed. Please see the letter you received in the mail for your collection day. If you did not receive a letter, please contact us.
Your first day of Granger collection will be during the week of July 4, so your pickup will be delayed by one day. Your normal schedule (with your new collection day) will begin the following week.
- Residential trash service is for normal household trash and does not include construction and/or remodeling debris.
- Be sure to follow waste acceptance guidelines carefully.
- Please bag all your trash before putting it in your cart. This helps ensure we can contain the trash when it’s being dumped.
- Double bag loose waste like kitty litter, animal waste, sawdust, ashes, insulation and packing peanuts.
- Please limit weight of the trash in your cart to 200 pounds or less and limit your trash bags to 30 gallons or less and 30 pounds or less.
For more information on why you have a collection day, not a collection time, read our blog post.
We are happy to collect larger items that don’t fit in your cart, but you must schedule and prepay for these items at least 48 hours in advance of your service day. Please complete the bulk request form or call 1-888-947-2643.
- Be sure your cart and bags are not obstructed or buried by snow.
- Keep your cart out of the street to avoid any plow truck casualties.
- Make sure your cart can be closed all the way so snow and rain can’t get in. This will help keep the contents from freezing. Whenever trash is frozen to the container, we may have trouble emptying all of it.
- Remember that uncontrollable weather situations, such as steep grades that are icy or snowy, dirt roads that become very icy, lack of turnaround space due to areas not plowed, very low wind chill factor, reduced visibility due to blizzard conditions or freezing rain or closed or unplowed roads with deep snow, may affect our ability to service your account.
Occasionally, your trash won’t get picked up on your collection day. There may be a good reason for the delay, such as not being out when the truck was at your house or a holiday or weather delay, but it could be a mistake on our part.
In most cases, we won’t be able to return to your house that week, but we’ll be happy to pick up any extras on your next collection day. If you’re not sure why your collection was missed or can’t wait until the next collection, please contact us.
For more information, read our blog post.
- Amy’s customers should continue using their current carts. They will be replaced with Granger carts at a later date.
- All Granger carts are the property of Granger, but are yours to use for the duration of your service with us. That’s good news for you because it means that if your cart is damaged due to our actions or normal wear and tear, we’ll replace it.
- When you first receive your cart, you may notice that the lid does not close completely. This is a result of the way carts are stored and transported and is only temporary. The lid will return to its normal position after a few days.
For more on cart placement, see our blog post.
Just like anything else that holds trash, carts can get smelly. Please don’t ask us to replace your cart because it smells. Bagging all your trash and cleaning the cart periodically will help with odor issues.
Please mail to Granger, P.O. Box 22213, Lansing, MI 48909-2213 or call in your payment to 1-888-947-2643 on any unpaid invoices from Amy’s.
The next invoice you receive will come from Granger.
Spend even less time thinking about your trash service when you use this convenient payment method! When you receive your first invoice from Granger, you will be given simple instructions for setting up autopay. If you are currently on autopay with Amy’s, you will need to set up a new autopay with Granger.
Online Bill Payment
After you receive your first invoice from Granger, please click here to sign up to receive your invoices electronically. This convenient, environmentally friendly option is the best way to receive your invoices from Granger.
If the holiday falls on a weekday, services on and after the holiday will run one day behind for the remainder of the week. If the holiday falls on a weekend, there will be no delay to service.
Granger observes the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
When that happens, we will do our best to notify you by phone or email and will be happy to pick up any extras you have on your next scheduled collection day.
In very rare cases of extreme weather conditions, we may cancel service completely for the day and push collections to the following day. When this happens, we will post updates on our website and Facebook page.