VILLAGE OF CHESANING
Granger Waste Services is proud to be the exclusive waste hauler for the Village of Chesaning.
We appreciate the opportunity to provide service for your community.
- Trash service includes weekly collection with a cart. You may put up to three extra bags outside your cart each week for no additional charge.
- Residential trash service is for normal household trash and does not include construction and/or remodeling debris.
- Be sure to follow waste acceptance guidelines carefully.
- Please bag all your trash, even if you are putting it in your cart. This helps ensure we can contain the trash when it’s being dumped.
- Double bag loose waste like kitty litter, animal waste, sawdust, ashes, insulation and packing peanuts.
- Place long items like broom handles, curtain rods, etc. on the ground beside the trash.
- We will not service any personal containers.
- Please limit weight of the trash in your cart to 200 pounds or less and limit your trash bags to 30 gallons or less and 30 pounds or less.
For more information on why you have a collection day, not a collection time, read our blog post.
If you have extra bags (more than the additional three allowed each week), please contact us at 1-888-947-2643 to prepay for collection.
For collection of bulk items (mattresses, stoves, refrigerators, etc.) please contact us in advance by completing the bulk request form or calling 1-888-947-2643.
Recycling is collected every other week. Collection is single-stream, which means everything can go in your cart all together and doesn’t need to be sorted.
Accepted items include: corrugated cardboard; plastic jugs, tubs & containers; mixed paper; metal cans & foil; boxboard; and clear & colored glass bottles & containers. Find detailed guidelines and a recycling calendar:
Yard waste is collected weekly, April – November. Use your own paper yard waste bags, which can be found at most retailers. Please review and follow the guidelines for collection:
- Branches should be no longer than 4 feet and no more than 2 inches in diameter.
- Bundles should be no longer than 4 feet and no larger than 12 inches in diameter.
- You may set out up to six (6) bags and/or small bundles out each week.
- Be sure your cart and bags are not obstructed or buried by snow.
- Keep your cart out of the street to avoid any plow truck casualties.
- Make sure your cart can be closed all the way so snow and rain can’t get in. This will help keep the contents from freezing. Whenever trash is frozen to the container, we may have trouble emptying all of it.
- Remember that uncontrollable weather situations, such as steep grades that are icy or snowy, dirt roads that become very icy, lack of turnaround space due to areas not plowed, very low wind chill factor, reduced visibility due to blizzard conditions or freezing rain or closed or unplowed roads with deep snow, may affect our ability to service your account.
Occasionally, your trash won’t get picked up on your collection day. There may be a good reason for the delay, such as not being out when the truck was at your house or a holiday or weather delay, but it could be a mistake on our part.
In most cases, we won’t be able to return to your house that week, but we’ll be happy to pick up any extras on your next collection day. If you’re not sure why your collection was missed or can’t wait until the next collection, please contact us.
For more information, read our blog post.
For more on cart placement, see our blog post.
Just like anything else that holds trash, carts can get smelly. Please don’t ask us to replace your cart because it smells. Bagging all your trash and cleaning the cart periodically will help with odor issues.
If the holiday falls on a weekday, services on and after the holiday will run one day behind for the remainder of the week. If the holiday falls on a weekend, there will be no delay to service.
Granger observes the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
When that happens, we will do our best to notify you by phone or email and will be happy to pick up any extras you have on your next scheduled collection day.
In very rare cases of extreme weather conditions, we may cancel service completely for the day and push collections to the following day. When this happens, we will post updates on our website and Facebook page.