CITY OF LESLIE
Granger Waste Services is proud to be the exclusive waste hauler for the City of Leslie.
We appreciate the opportunity to provide service for your community.
- Trash service includes weekly collection with a cart. Customers with a regular cart may put up to three extra bags outside your cart each week for no additional charge.
- Residential trash service is for normal household trash and does not include construction and/or remodeling debris.
- Be sure to follow waste acceptance guidelines carefully.
- Please bag all your trash, even if you are putting it in your cart. This helps ensure we can contain the trash when it’s being dumped.
- Double bag loose waste like kitty litter, animal waste, sawdust, ashes, insulation and packing peanuts.
- Place long items like broom handles, curtain rods, etc. on the ground beside the trash.
- We will not service any personal containers.
- Please limit weight of the trash in your cart to 200 pounds or less and limit your trash bags to 30 gallons or less and 30 pounds or less.
For more information on why you have a collection day, not a collection time, read our blog post.
If you have extra bags (more than your service level allows), please contact us at 1-888-947-2643 to prepay for collection.
One bulk item per month is included in your service. You can dispose of additional bulk items, but you must prepay for them. For collection of bulk items (mattresses, stoves, refrigerators, etc.) please contact us in advance by completing the bulk request form or calling 1-888-947-2643.
Recycling is collected every other week. Collection is single-stream, which means everything can go in your cart all together and doesn’t need to be sorted.
Accepted items include: corrugated cardboard; plastic jugs, tubs & containers; mixed paper; metal cans & foil; boxboard; and clear & colored glass bottles & containers. Find detailed guidelines and a recycling calendar here.
- Be sure your cart and bags are not obstructed or buried by snow.
- Keep your cart out of the street to avoid any plow truck casualties.
- Make sure your cart can be closed all the way so snow and rain can’t get in. This will help keep the contents from freezing. Whenever trash is frozen to the container, we may have trouble emptying all of it.
- Remember that uncontrollable weather situations, such as steep grades that are icy or snowy, dirt roads that become very icy, lack of turnaround space due to areas not plowed, very low wind chill factor, reduced visibility due to blizzard conditions or freezing rain or closed or unplowed roads with deep snow, may affect our ability to service your account.
Occasionally, your trash won’t get picked up on your collection day. There may be a good reason for the delay, such as not being out when the truck was at your house or a holiday or weather delay, but it could be a mistake on our part.
In most cases, we won’t be able to return to your house that week, but we’ll be happy to pick up any extras on your next collection day. If you’re not sure why your collection was missed or can’t wait until the next collection, please contact us.
For more information, read our blog post.
For more on cart placement, see our blog post.
Just like anything else that holds trash, carts can get smelly. Please don’t ask us to replace your cart because it smells. Bagging all your trash and cleaning the cart periodically will help with odor issues.
We encourage you to sign up to receive your invoices electronically. This convenient, environmentally friendly option is the best way to receive your invoices from Granger.
Spend even less time thinking about your trash service when you use this convenient payment method! With autopay, your card is automatically charged when your bill is due. To sign up, give us a call at 1-888-947-2643.
Online Bill Pay
Take advantage of Granger’s convenient online bill pay.
Be sure to make your check out to Granger Waste and write your Granger account number in the memo. Send your check to: P.O. Box 22213, Lansing, MI 48909-22213.
Call our office at 517-372-2800 or 1-888-947-2643 to pay your bill over the phone.
If the holiday falls on a weekday, services on and after the holiday will run one day behind for the remainder of the week. If the holiday falls on a weekend, there will be no delay to service.
Granger observes the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
When that happens, we will do our best to notify you by phone or email and will be happy to pick up any extras you have on your next scheduled collection day.
In very rare cases of extreme weather conditions, we may cancel service completely for the day and push collections to the following day. When this happens, we will post updates on our website and Facebook page.