PINE RIVER TOWNSHIP
Granger Waste Services is proud to be the exclusive waste hauler for Pine River Township.
We appreciate the opportunity to provide service for your community.
Trash is collected weekly on Fridays.
- Trash service includes weekly collection with a cart.
- Residential trash service is for normal household trash and does not include construction and/or remodeling debris.
- Be sure to follow waste acceptance guidelines carefully.
- Please bag all your trash before putting it in your cart. This helps ensure we can contain the trash when it’s being dumped.
- Double bag loose waste like kitty litter, animal waste, sawdust, ashes, insulation and packing peanuts.
- We will not service any personal containers.
- Please use 30-gallon or smaller trash bags and limit the weight of the bags to 30 pounds or less.
- Please limit weight of the trash in your cart to 200 pounds or less.
- Bag tag service is available to those 65 years and older.
- With bag tags, instead of paying a monthly rate, you pay for a pack of tags and put one on each bag you set out for disposal. Bag tags can be purchased at the Township office.
- Bag tag service does not come with a cart. You may use any trash bags that are 30 gallons or smaller.
- To register for bag tag service, please drop by the Township office (open weekdays between 8 a.m. and noon). Register by April 15 so we don’t deliver a cart to you.
For more information on why you have a collection day, not a collection time, read our blog post.
Bulk items (mattresses, stoves, refrigerators, etc.) are collected in your area on Thursdays. If you need to dispose of a bulk item, please contact us at least 48 hours in advance to prepay and schedule the pickup by completing the bulk request form or calling 1-888-947-2643.
- Be sure your cart and bags are not obstructed or buried by snow.
- Keep your cart out of the street to avoid any plow truck casualties.
- Make sure your cart can be closed all the way so snow and rain can’t get in. This will help keep the contents from freezing. Whenever trash is frozen to the container, we may have trouble emptying all of it.
- Remember that uncontrollable weather situations, such as steep grades that are icy or snowy, dirt roads that become very icy, lack of turnaround space due to areas not plowed, very low wind chill factor, reduced visibility due to blizzard conditions or freezing rain or closed or unplowed roads with deep snow, may affect our ability to service your account.
Occasionally, your trash won’t get picked up on your collection day. There may be a good reason for the delay, such as not being out when the truck was at your house or a holiday or weather delay, but it could be a mistake on our part.
In most cases, we won’t be able to return to your house that week, but we’ll be happy to pick up any extras on your next collection day. If you’re not sure why your collection was missed or can’t wait until the next collection, please contact us.
For more information, read our blog post.
For more on cart placement, see our blog post.
Just like anything else that holds trash, carts can get smelly. Please don’t ask us to replace your cart because it smells. Bagging all your trash and cleaning the cart periodically will help with odor issues.
You will be billed for your service annually by Pine River Township. Payment for the period May 1, 2022, through April 30, 2023, will appear on your winter tax bill as “trash.” Please direct all billing questions to the Township at 989-681-5523.
If the holiday falls on a weekday, services on and after the holiday will run one day behind for the remainder of the week. If the holiday falls on a weekend, there will be no delay to service.
Granger observes the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
When that happens, we will do our best to notify you by phone or email and will be happy to pick up any extras you have on your next scheduled collection day.
In very rare cases of extreme weather conditions, we may cancel service completely for the day and push collections to the following day. When this happens, we will post updates on our website and Facebook page.