- Pricing/Billing/Payment Information
- 1. Where can I find prices for your services?
Due to a number of variables, it's difficult for us to post pricing on our website. However, we'd be happy to give you a price quote. Just fill out the Request Service form and customer service will respond with a no-obligation quote for service. If you would prefer to request pricing over the phone or via email, you can do so by calling 1-888-947-2643 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2. When is my bill due?
- 3. How can I pay my bill?
There are several convenient ways to pay your Granger bill.
- Sign up for our automated bill payment, Curby Quick Pay. We’ll keep your card on file and it will be automatically charged each time your bill is due.
- Pay online. You’ll need to set up an account the first time you use the system. Have your account number and invoice number handy.
- Use our automated phone payment system by calling 1-888-947-2643 and following the prompts. You’ll need your account number and invoice number.
- Mail your payment to Granger, P.O. Box 22213, Lansing, MI 48906-22213.
- 4. Can I pay my bill in person?
Granger has no on-site payment centers. We ask that you pay your bill in the one of the convenient ways listed above.
- 5. Why are there three monthly charges on my bill?
Residential customers are all billed on a quarterly basis. Each charge is for a separate month. For example, bills mailed in January will include charges for January, February and March.
- 6. Why is there an extra bag charge on my bill?
Whenever you exceed the number of bags allowed with your service, you will see a charge for each extra bag. If you’re unsure of how many bags you’re allowed to set out or feel you have been incorrectly charged, please contact us.
- 7. What is the bulk item charge on my bill for?
You may see LARGE BULK ITEM CHARGE or SMALL BULK ITEM CHARGE on your invoice. These charges refer to items that don’t fit in your bags or Curby cart, such as appliances (large bulk), furniture (large bulk), microwaves (small bulk) or shop vacs (small bulk). Collection of these items is not included in your monthly charge for trash collection. If you believe this charge was made in error, please contact us.
- 8. What should I do if I can't pay my bill?
If you find you can't pay your bill, please call our office at 517-372-2800 or 1-888-947-2643 to let us know. We will do our best to work with you to avoid a service interruption.
- 9. What forms of payment do you accept at Disposal Centers?
Credit cards and debit cards are accepted for payment at Disposal Centers. No cash or checks are accepted.
- 10. What is the state/county/local surcharge on my bill?
Waste generated in Michigan is subject to state, county and local surcharges. These are pass through surcharges, which means the authorizing agencies place the responsibility on companies like Granger that manage your waste to collect them and then pay them to the agency. These fees are structured differently and have a variety of purposes. As a result, Granger Waste Services assesses state, county and local surcharges on customer invoices, currently 3.0% of all invoice charges.
This charge allows Granger Waste Services to collectively recover a portion of its overall enterprise-wide costs associated with host community fees, government surcharges and ordinance fees paid to municipal or other governmental authorities or agencies to engage in the waste collection, transfer, processing, disposal, treatment and/or recycling business. The amount or percentage of the surcharge fee is not specifically tied to the direct or indirect costs to service a specific customer account, but to Granger’s overall applicable enterprise-wide governmental costs for all customers, whether they pay this charge or not.